I found this great site awhile ago and I'm just loving it. Not only do I like to be frugal but it's an absolute necessity with 8 people in a family (and one income)! So, when I saw these monthly digests on different subjects- I was hooked! This month's digest is really great so naturally I wanted to share my 'new' find. Here's a little about August's digest:
Get your busy family happily organized --buzzing like bees as you start to organizzzzze!
Are you ready to tackle the dirty dozen?
Learn how to organize a dozen different aspects of your life and home. From cleaning closets and sorting school papers to making meal planning a breeze, your home will soon be running more smoothly.
Month after money-saving month, Molly presents ideas to help families economize as she shares practical tips, delicious recipes, and helpful interviews with experts. Guest author Martha Greene (Marmee), provides pages of tips and recipes for make-ahead mixes that will save you time and money.
Check out the details and topics you'll find in Molly's August Digest and think value:
- Begin with the Basics --Make-Ahead Mixes from Marmee: Is your family ready to get rid of the extra junk in your home? Find help for making mixes ahead of time and feed your family frugally while enjoying Cream Soup Mix, Oat Cookie Mix, Biscuit Mix, Fiesta Rice, even Blackened Chicken Spice Mix, along with others, including some variations!
- On Sale This Month --Find out what sale items are hot in August!
- Keeping it All Together --Organization of Bank Accounts: Have you ever wished you could safely set aside funds for specific bills in a separate account you won't be tempted to touch? Molly tells you how as she reveals a success story in gaining control of a household budget --it takes time, but it is possible! Learn how.
- Feather Your Nest Frugally --Watch a beautiful cross collection you've had displayed for years become transformed to enhance a wall with fabulous decoupage framing using old hymnals. Sound intriguing? It is! You'll have to see the photos!
- Pull up a Chair --August is a month of family fun, peaches, golf, and more!
- Parenting that Pays --Jennifer shares how her family implemented a plan to renew some good, old-fashioned training in the forgotten art of organizing.
- Something Old-Something New --Enjoy beautiful photos of a finished design that makes the verse Matthew 7:7, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you,” come to life in a beautiful and very visual way.
- Monthly Feature --Organization for Busy Families --Gain control of “the dirty dozen” working step-by-step through problem areas in an average home. Here are the 12:
- Closets --How to Clean Out a Closet
- Garage --Clearing the Clutter From a Garage can become a reality!
- Recipes --Kudos to the Cook. Benefit from and follow a clear description of just how to categorize it all.
- Kitchen --Come Into my Kitchen! And discover welcoming ways to store and better utilize all your kitchen gadgets and necessities!
- Mail --The Mail Monster. Tame it with easy to implement changes in your home.
- Photos --Organizing Photos. Digital or physical --it is time to do something!
- Toys --The Trouble with Toys. Give yourself a little R&R by learning the acronym ROR.
- Clothing --Organizing Clothing. Take into account your lifestyle, do a little planning, and follow through with some purging!
- Finances --Organizing Finances. A few practical tips for you to stick to!
- School papers --Papers, Papers Everywhere! Get them under control and keep them that way.
- Bathrooms --Bathroom Organization. Tricks to quickly organize your bathroom and make daily tasks easier.
- E-Books --E-Books Everywhere! Learn of the options for E-Book storage.
- Goal Getter Spotlight --From revealing a need, to praying for an answer, and then finding victory as God shows the way, one family shares their success in gaining a more comfortable children's bedroom.
- Readers Write In --Enjoy practical advice for laundry day. You sort straight from the dryer --your children fold and put away and everyone wins!
Hope you can find something useful! Have a great weekend.