Friday, September 14, 2012

Speekee TV~TOS Review


Photobucket


I was SO EXCITED to have bee chosen for this review! My younger kiddos love to watch Dora the Explorer and try to learn the Spanish so I was all about reviewing this course to its fullest! Speekee uses children filmed on location in Spain with puppets to teach Spanish (in an immersion approach).   Each video has a theme (e.g. El Cafe, El Zoo, etc.) with consistency in format.  This repetition within each program helps the kids to learn key words and phrases in a fun way.


 We found this course to be fun and engaging, my girls giggled through the videos as they worked hard to pronounce and repeat the words and phrases. It amazed me at how they focused on something that I thought they might not understand. That was not the case. They were able to get clues from the themes and how the "lessons" were taught. They came away with WAY more knowledge than I ever thought they would!

Photobucket

The target ages for this course is toddler through elementary grades, I reviewed it with my 6 year old and my 4 year old daughters.  Speekee TV provides you with access to the videos, and something called Speekee FastTrack which lays out an easy to follow plan over the course of 40 weeks.  Each week has suggested activities with corresponding video clips, worksheets and other resources.  They also supply vocabulary flashcards by episode for review with your child.

I used the worksheets and vocabulary flashcards with only my 6 year old. She was able to follow the content this way and it really helped reinforce what she had previously learned.

Subscribing to Speekee TV is easy.  They give you 2 weeks free to try it out and then charge just $7.50 per month for your subscription through PayPal.  Or if you prefer, you can pre-pay for one year at $60. Take a risk-free look and see what you think! We'll be continuing with this throughout our school year, I love using fun resources that engage my children during the learning process! :)

To see what my fellow Crew Mates had to say about Speekee TV, visit the Homeschool Crew Blog to read more.

**Disclosure: My review and opinion written in this post is entirely my own. This product was provided to me for free in exchange for my review as a member of the 2012 The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hola Becky, This is Jim from Speekee checking in to say a big GRACIAS for your review. Much appreciated!