Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Footprints

Today is a day of encouragement for me. As I prepare our home for our new children, I can't help but feel lonely for them. Even though we haven't met them yet, they are in our hearts as our other 3 children are. We celebrated Dear daughter #3's 6th birthday on Sunday and as we looked around at all the children eating cake and having fun, we couldn't help but think there were 3 missing. We've just begun this process and have many months to go! We also can't help but think of our Liberian children and how they must long for a family. Being that they don't even know about us yet, they are still praying for someone/anyone to bring them into a home and love them.

I watch the video of them twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I love to hear their voices and see their smiles and facial expressions. I beam with joy when I see them, just like a mother would look upon her child at a first ballet recital or first soccer game. They are all so precious to me. So, I needed encouragement today to hold strong and be patient during this wait. The poem "Footprints in the Sand" came to mind with the very last verse ringing true in my mind and heart. "God replied, 'My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I was carrying you.' "

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58

My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth. Psalm 108: 1-5

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

No comments: