Wednesday, July 25, 2007

God speaks?

Do any of you think that God speaks just at that moment when you don't expect Him to? Do you think He shows Himself in the little things- maybe just to see if He'll get your attention?

If you haven't noticed by now, I love to explain things in 'story' form. Maybe this comes from my grandpa, who used to tell everything in a story. Sometimes a very long story... Anyway, this is what happened tonight.

I've encountered quite a few people today, who when I tell about where we are with the adoptions, they say, "You know, God has a perfect time." I agree and have told each one of these people today that I realize there is a perfect plan and that we're praying and trying to be patient. Looking back at today, I think I had 4 or 5 encounters with this same phrase.

Here's a confession thrown into this 'story': I always walk through the office, jiggle the mouse & check for new emails. I don't know why- maybe I feel like the computer is my link to the outside world. I'm not expecting anything important so I really don't know what I'm looking for. Hubby laughs at me and gives me a hard time because I will route myself through the office just to do 'the jiggle.'

Tonight, on one of my passes past the computer- the screen saver was on the monitor. I've had this same screen saver for about a year- it has beautiful landscape pictures with scriptures/Christian sayings. Just as I was about to do 'the jiggle,' I saw a phrase that I have never before seen on my screen saver- in the entire year I've had it on my computer! This is what it said:

"NEVER THINK THAT GOD'S DELAYS ARE GOD'S DENIALS."

Hmmmmm, a sign? Maybe. If so, thanks God- I'll remember that. You have a perfect time and you're not denying your promise to us. We're just being delayed a bit until everything falls into place....

That's my story for the night- sleep tight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky!
This is Crystal from Tennessee!(Type 1 Diabetic) I just got home from Liberia on Thursday with our 2 children we adopted through WACSN. Feel free to email me as I do not have yours: cwilson4088@comcast.net