Monday, November 10, 2008

One year ago today

One year ago today, hubby returned from Liberia with the newest members of our family. The kids were so quiet and shy but they had big smiles when they walked off the airplane into my arms! Our 'little man' didn't know what to think- he was half asleep. The journey was just too much for him...

Here are some pics of them while still in Liberia:










This pic below was our last moment together as a family of 5. This was just before we left to take Hubby to the airport (Oct. 30, 2007).


Our first moments together as one, united family on November 10, 2007:




Here are recent pics...see how they've grown?




If I've learned one thing this past year, I've learned that this journey as a parent is truly a marathon. There have been lots of happy times and lots of trying times. We are all learning as we go and we just thank God that He gives us the grace and strength to carry on with this task given to us. He hand-picked us all to be together as one family...we really work hard every day to make Him look good! This song/video is one of my new favorites and really sums up the last year (for me!). As I watched this video, I realized that Hubby and I have been in this church. We visited there for a Sunday service before the Liberian kids came home. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very moving and beautiful post! I can never stress enough how proud I am of you and Travis. You are Superwoman!

Love, Tracy

Lee Ann said...

What a beautiful family you have.

Mom 2 six said...

Becky- I have enjoyed following your family since to have been blogging. Happy anniversary !
You have a beautiful bunch.