Friday, April 01, 2011

Snow, Rain & Robins

You know when you see this guy, there's hope for nicer weather.




The Northwoods hasn't been overly kind to us this winter...everything was melted and then WHAM- 2 feet of snow in a matter of a day. I know it's common in this neck of the woods but its still not pleasant any way you look at it. The residual snow has been shrinking little by little each day, today it's rain-snowing. You know, the kind of freezing rain that's snow too...maybe you don't know...consider yourselves blessed! :)

I'm looking forward to my garden again this year- and the herb bed- and the flower beds! Actually, that's all I can think about these days as I sit here in my chair looking out at all that white stuff.

My mother-in-law gave us this amazingly awesome (homemade) bird feeder. It's huge! The thing holds more than a bucket of seed at a time. Yes, I fill my bird feeder with a bucket... Over the winter, I've grown fond of the feeder as I watch the birds coming to eat and carrying the seed(s) away. Even the squirrels and little chipmunk amuse me. I have two bird identification books on the bookshelf that are collecting dust-now that some of the pretty birds are coming back I'm excited to dust off those books and see what we've got. So far we've spotted male and female bluejays, chickadees (of course!), morning doves, a woodpecker and a female cardinal. And of course, last but not least, this morning we saw some robins. Hallelujah for the robins!!!

No comments: