Monday, December 19, 2011

Vintage Remedies--TOS Review

Photobucket


I was totally excited to get this review material- this subject matter is of my own heart.  'Remedy' should be my middle name...and Vintage...well that just screams 'wealth of knowledge' to me.  :)

Over the years I've learned (and dabbled in) herbs, tinctures and simplistic cooking/living.  I received Vintage Remedies for Kids to review- and how appropriate- did you know I have a multitude of kiddos?  I admit, they tend to be my test-subjects.  Anyway...onward to the good stuff!

This book is geared for young learners ages 2-6, both boys and girls.  Kiddos learn how to identify healthy foods and have a hand in creating healthy snacks for their families.  Each of the 18 chapters has a brief introduction for the parents, a section to read to the children, followed by hands-on activities perfect for littles (that's what I call my younger crowd).  There are also sample schedules included for use at home or in a playgroup setting (and convenient shopping lists).

Photobucket


This new workbook is packed with projects covering every aspect of natural living including wellness, nutrition, immunity, natural body care, and the conservative use of valuable natural resources - in terms they will understand and remember!  The workbook is flexible and can be used also as a fun family project. Children at this age learn best with active lessons, so this isn't a sit and read style picture book! It's a guide for parents that is packed with hands on activities that are perfect for little hands, but fun for all ages. You can pick up a copy of this book for $25, here.


To learn more about Vintage Remedies and the large selection of health and wellness books and curriculum they offer, be sure to stop by their website.  Their story is quite fascinating as well, so have a look at their About Us page!

To see what my fellow Crew Mates had to say about Vintage Remedies, visit the Homeschool Crew Blog to read more.

**Disclosure: My review and opinion written in this post is entirely my own. This product was provided to me for free in exchange for my review as a member of the 2011-2012 The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew.

No comments: