Friday, April 27, 2007

If You Say Go

I really hope things are taking a turn for the better....this has been another one of those rollercoaster days- weeks actually. Hubby and I are learning valuable truths as we walk this path with the Lord. We are really being refined during this journey and we learn more and more to trust the Lord for his provisions in EVERY area of our life. All I can say is, "Wow." Part of me wants this hard journey to be over, the other part of me desires to keep going because I know there is wonderful glory in the end.

Forgive me for not sharing details at this point, I feel like I'm being secretive for not sharing. Things are very 'touchy' right now with the adoptions and we can't risk saying anything that would jeopardize the kids or the adoption process. Please continue to pray for safety, the Lord's comforting hand & swiftness of the paperwork.

This is my song for the day:
If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water, and they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid are good and true
If You call us to the fire, You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You

If you say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water, and they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

3 comments:

Joy said...

Becky,

I am still reading your blog (usually by RSS feed) and wanted to let you know that I am (still) praying for you all...for peace, for certainty in God's hand in this, for grace and mercy, and praying against fear.

You can only control one side of this equation--and your responsiblity is to be obedient and faithful and to bring glory to God's name.

You are son and daughter of THE King--He is for you and for your children (here and in Liberia). He weeps with you.

The peace of the Lord be with you!

Joy

Anonymous said...

Beck,
I got my cookbook yesterday! Thank you so much! I will get you the payment in the mail today. However, I noticed that it cost you over $3 to ship it to me. I'm wondering if you've looked into media mail, as I think it might be cheaper to ship them that way. Check with your post master and perhaps save a bit more $$$. Here's a link to the USPS website regarding media mail rates:
http://www.usps.com/rates/media-mail-rates.htm
Thanks again and I continue to hope for the best for you and your family. BTW: love the "Give a Mom a Muffin" and "How to bake a Cake" entries. Brought a smile to my face. ~Tonya

Anonymous said...

I just weighed the cook book and it's under a pound, so... (that's just the book, though, no packaging)

Hopefully you haven't mailed them all already!!

~Ton