Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thank you

First, I would like to say thank you to all of you who continue to support us and pray for our family. This road tends to get bumpy at times but we continue to keep our eye on the Lord and continue to move forward and follow Him.

Today, I smile and laugh as I explain to you yet another example of just how wonderful our God is. Yesterday, in the middle of our day, the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, didn't recognize the number- it looked like a calling card type number. So, I answered it thinking it may be 'grandma'. I said, "Hello?" Then I heard one of the sweetest voices on the planet, "Hi, Mum!"

IT WAS DEAR SON #1! I just about screamed- that was a phone call I was NOT expecting... Immediately I began to cry. I asked him if he was ok, he said yes. He explained he was borrowing a phone and that I needed to call him back because there were no minutes left on the calling card he was using. I was excited but nervous as we tried to communicate the numbers back and forth. I thought, "I have one shot to get this right- don't mess up these numbers!"

I got the numbers correct and called him back immediately. We were blessed to have a 30 minute conversation. The reception was ok- sometimes I couldn't understand him, most of the time I could. He told me truths about what is going on in the orphanages right now and explained that he is doing ok. We laughed a lot as I kept saying, "STOP, slow down- I can't understand what you're saying." He'd laugh and say, "Ok, mum- I will slow down." At one point, I kept saying I was sorry and that I was trying so hard to get every word he was saying. He was so loving and said to me, "Mum, I will say it over and over again until you can hear me and understand me." What a sweet heart!

I think we were able to devise a plan to speak with the other 3 children every week on Saturdays. DS#1 said he goes there to play soccer on Saturdays and that he'd try to borrow that same phone so we can speak with everyone on a regular basis. The other 3 children are asking to talk with us and DS#1 told me that they can't wait to hear our voices. We have been sending messages to them through him for quite some time because we very rarely can get through to the orphanage.

DS#1 asked to speak with DD#3 and DS#3- how their faces lit up as they ran for the phone to talk with their big brother. It truly was a precious moment, right there in our living room! I assured DS#1 that the paperwork continues to move forward and that they will all be home soon. I told him that even if it takes months, we will all be patient because we know we will all have a lifetime together.

I also explained that 'Grandma' is praying about going to Liberia the same time Dad (hubby) goes. She hasn't been back in over 10 years and is wanting to see family,etc. DS#1 was so excited and said he would pray for Grandma to be able to come to Liberia.

What a wonderful God we have! He knew this is exactly what I needed to keep going and stay strong. Just the voice of our beautiful boy lifted my spirits- and the anticipation of being able to speak to our girls and our little man keeps me looking forward to the end of the week. Thank you, Father!


And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1Corinthians 13:13

...Do not be afraid any longer, just believe... Luke 8:50

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have faith, so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13: 1-8

1 comment:

Sugar-n-Spice said...

okay, now that i scrolled down and read farther.....my shouting has turned to tears of joy......and silent awe.