Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Little Glimpses

Do you believe in coincidence? Do you believe in luck or fate? I used to believe that I was a very 'unlucky' person because I never won any prize, never seemed to win any $$ off the occasional scratch-off lottery ticket purchased, etc. I thought, "Man, I just can't catch a break!"

Then, I came to believe there is no such thing as coincidence or luck. My new saying became, "Coincidence...I think not!" I began to understand that God is working behind the scenes of my life- no matter if I see Him or not. I began to learn and understand what it means to have faith during those 'dry seasons' when I just don't see anything happening. I now understand that He is a God of purpose and THE God of the universe- thus aligning my life and yours for His purpose. In knowing this, why would I ever worry again?

We know with absolute certainty that God has brought these 4 Liberian children to us for His specific purpose. We feel like a broken record when people ask us about the paperwork and when we think they're coming home. Truthfully, we just don't have any idea. During this journey, the past year, we've come to learn even more that we are not in control of this situation. We seem to be learning this truth over and over again-at different levels. Just about the time we think we can determine how things will work out- something happens to throw our thinking to the wind.

Also during this time, God has given us little glimpses that He is in control. He has sent us people, words of encouragement during difficult times, specific scripture verses & many other little glimpses that He is working behind the scenes.

What does the word confirmation mean to you?

There can be many meanings...but when it pertains to our Lord, to me it means that God has sent me a glimpse that He is working and hasn't forgotten me. To me, it means that He sees my every tear, feels my every frustration and walks along side of me even when I think I am alone.

I've also come to learn that when I believe and have faith, I release His power. I don't want to tie His hands by my unbelief. I want Him to fully bring forth His plan & His blessings for my life. Therefore, I am learning every day how to gain a new level of faith.

Just last night I found confirmation in the very first Psalm, verses 2-3. "But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Today I have gratitude for:
~a Lord who guides me and looks out for me, especially during the times I struggle to put one foot in front of the other
~the glimpses, no matter how small they seem, that lets me know He is still working
~the family & life He has given me, to enjoy every moment of every day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm loving your gratitude addition. they're helping me stay focused on mine.