Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Set your mind and DO IT!

I'm watching Joyce Meyer this morning and she's talking about something that has just become a huge confirmation for me! God's been speaking to my heart constantly the last few days and I'm finally understanding now that these reoccurring themes aren't coincidences. First of all, I never watch tv past 6:30am (and it's the news that early in the morning). It's never on during this time of day but as I was enjoying my biscuits and chocolate gravy, I clicked the tv on to see what the dvr was recording. And there she was, Joyce. She was talking and I listened...

Anyway, God gave me this scripture yesterday:
John 10:10- The thief comes only in order to steal, kill and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life- life in all its fullness.

So, when Joyce said this very thing- a little bell went off in my brain- IMPORTANT!!! God has been speaking to my heart that in whatever I set my mind to do, the 'thief' will come and try to destroy my plans. That's been happening a lot lately with many things in my life. I've been battling it over and over again. What occured to me is that I haven't 100% set my mind to these things or I wouldn't be in these battles.

So, today, I profess that all the things I have been 'trying' to set my mind to do- I will do it with the joy of the Lord! I am setting my mind (100%) and I will not let the thief come in to try and steal, kill or destroy. For the joy of the Lord is my strength and I will be victorious over these circumstances!

No comments: