Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Song of the day

One of the things I've learned in the past few years is to remember to praise God, even in our lack. We've been through many hills and valleys, especially the last couple of years. God has used these recent years to teach us a lot about our faith and our priorities. I don't know why, but it still blows my mind when God comes through for us in big ways as well as small ways. I know He loves us and I know we have so many blessings, I know He would never leave us, I know, I know, I know... But the more I know and the closer I get to Him, it still blows my mind!

Today, God came through for us again- in a big way. Something that we've been trying not to stress about, something that is hard for us to not be in total control of. It seems that for us, God is an '11 1/2 hour' God in our times of need. He comes through on time, all the time- but not till the bitter end. This is no doubt to stretch our faith and to continue to teach us to rely on Him.

We have two more 'big things' that are right around the corner. Things that we MUST rely on Him for because we CANNOT do them on our own power. It's just not possible...

So, today, after God faithfully showed up yet again, I was just so overwhelmed and overcome with praise and thanksgiving. So, this is my song for the day. I've played it over and over, the chorus rings so true in my heart. I can't stop the tears from flowing, I can't thank Him enough for His continuing love and mercy... Thank you, Father...again.




I will love You, Lord always
Not just for the things You've done for me
And I will praise You all my days
Not just for the change You've made in me
But I'll praise You for You are holy, Lord
And I'll lift my hands, but You are worthy of so much more

CHORUS
For You are awesome, God of the Nations,
Lion of Judah, Rock of the Ages, Alpha, Omega
You're worthy of all praise
More than these hands I'll raise
I'll live a life of praise
I'll live a life of praise

I will serve You, Lord always, for You are my strength
When I am weak
I will never be afraid for You are my rock and You protect me
But I'll praise You for You are holy, Lord
And I'll lift my hands, but You are worthy of so much more

No comments: