A Thomas Jefferson Education encourages parents to apply the 7 keys of Teaching:
- Classics, Not Textbooks
- Mentors, Not Professors
- Inspire, Not Require
- Structure Time, Not Content
- Simplicity, Not Complexity
- Quality, Not Conformity
- You, Not Them
- relieves fear, stress and burnout
- energizes your kid-school
- fills in the gaps
- cultivates cultural literacy
- facilitates state or provincial compliance
- correlates resources for co-ops, classrooms and family learning
- harnesses the power of technology in a classical leadership education
- harmonizes with Unschooling, Charlotte Mason, Montessori, Trivium/Quadrivium, IEW, eclectic, etc.
- delivers new ideas and areas of learning to you and your child
- instigates discussions and projects that expand wisdom and understanding
- connects the subject areas–from music to math, from geography to world religions, from hobbies to science projects, etc.
- motivates you and your students to greater excellence
The cost of the program may seem a bit steep but from what we've used during this review period, it is WORTH EVERY PENNY! I am pleased to say we will be incorporating this resource into our school year this year. Thank you Thomas Jefferson Education for helping me to make learning fun in our homeschool!
To view a sample week click here. To see what my fellow Crew Mates had to say about Thomas Jefferson Education, visit the Homeschool Crew Blog to read more.
**Disclosure: My review and opinion written in this post is entirely my own. This product was provided to me for free in exchange for my review as a member of the 2011-2012 The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew.