Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Reality check

My reality check is this: Before we began these adoptions, I went through my daily life NEVER thinking about orphans or those suffering in ANY 3rd world country. I never thought of them and I never prayed for them. I felt bad when I saw commercials on t.v. about starving children- but I never did anything about it. The most important thing we can ever do is- PRAY! I never, ever prayed for these people. I'm having a huge reality check that this IS happening in 2007 and it is true that a large percentage of the world is living on less than $1 per day.

I know that the Lord is almighty and 100% in control here. He has a master plan and I know that I need to fully understand that and feel it in my heart. It is very easy for a helpless feeling to creep up on me and send me into a tailspin but that brings God no glory.

So- today I resolve to give God 100% of the glory even in spite of what is happening "in the world." I praise God for the blessings He gives and the life lessons He teaches. Please join with me and pray for all the orphans in the world who are suffering. Please join me in praying for those who live on so little and who have not a fraction of the 'things' we have.

Not only should we be praying for those who live in poverty- but let's broaden our prayers for those who are non-Christian. Those who live in poverty and don't know the love of Christ. There is a 'section' in our world called the 10/40 window. Look here for more information and please pray for these people. Liberia falls in this 'section' of the world.

Have you all seen the movie "Facing the Giants?" Hubby and I are 'preparing the field' as we have firm confidence that the Lord will bring forth His blessings. The big crawfish-dinner fundraiser is set for Saturday, March 31st from 3-6pm. Depending on whether or not we sell the cookbooks and last 5 boxes of chocolates, I will be outside of Walmart on the 1st of April selling those.

No answer at the orhanage yet. Other parents are having the same problem getting through and haven't been able to talk with their children.

I have 23 yarn dolls done- almost half way to my goal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh DEAR! I will continue to hope for the best for you and all of your family, Becky! Stay strong.

Tonya

Joyful House Farms said...

Becky....praying, praying.
My heart is greatly stirred.