Thursday, March 08, 2007

New day

Today is a new day!
I thought I would bring forward the organization that we trust the most that adopts children out of Liberia.
If you feel led to donate to someone for the Liberian orphans, we personally recommend this particular agency: Acres of Hope. Please pray as to where the Lord is guiding you to direct your generosity & love. All orphans in the world are in need of compassion and a helping hand- if you're not specifically directed to Liberia, please search out other places/countries where you feel led to help.

http://www.acresofhope.org/aboutacres.htm


This entire process of adoption has been full of ups and downs- moments of worry and moments of pure joy. I don't doubt this is the story of every adoptive parent. Hubby and I see this as a wonderful blessing and even in the tough times- we thank God for this journey. I heard a wonderful quote today on my favorite christian radio station. It is: "I don't mind the 'valley' times that much- it makes the mountain tops that much sweeter."

How true is that?

We thank you all for the prayers. Once again, I found strength in the form of a song this morning. I thank God for placing me in a country where I can simply listen to the radio and hear christian songs. I praise God that I can open my bible anywhere I please, and read His inspired words. I'll leave you today with the wonderful words that brought my heart renewed hope & strength.

"But the voice of truth tells me a different story- the voice of truth says, 'DO NOT BE AFRAID.' And the voice of truth says, 'This is for my glory.' Out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth. Listen to the sound of Jesus...."

1 comment:

Joyful House Farms said...

Thank you SOOOO much for this update. We have been praying fervently, along with friends and family. We will continue praying.
Cara