Sunday, August 09, 2009

Before church...

It's Sunday morning and we need to leave for church in approx. 50 minutes. As of now, 5 family members are in the pool- in their pajamas...

So what happened, you ask?

I woke up with Angel Baby at 5:45, rocked her and put her back to bed. I decided to stay up and get some quiet time before the craziness began. I read my bible for about 45 minutes then made a few changes on the blog (picture and added text on sidebar). At 7am, the kiddos started to come down the stairs. We tried to wake up Hubby but he was slow to come around... Sunday is supposed to be his day to cook (with Dear Daughter #1) but that didn't look like it was happening today. So, I got the coffee made, biscuits in the oven, chocolate gravy made and the sausage warming. He could atleast make the eggs, right?

We all had breakfast and then everyone headed outside to do animal chores. The chickens needed to be moved because they were in full sun. We moved them and decided to do something a little different with their water (no more bucket of water- we needed the self watering bucket) and they needed to have their feed in the 'chute' instead of in a bucket. So, we got them fixed up. Then they were off to the bunnies. They also needed to be moved to shade, etc. The goats have been breaking out of the fence during chore time- I think they hope to catch any feed dropped by the kids. 3 broke out and JUMPED UP on the table where we keep all the feed. So, Hubby had to fix it so they can't do that. Did anyone tell me goats would be THIS MUCH trouble? Wow...

On the way back, we were all walking to the hose so Hubby and DD#1 could clean out the watering bucket. Hubby stopped, picked up our oldest boy and threw him in the pool. Then while they were cleaning the watering bucket, Hubby got a little crazy with the watering hose and started spraying people. They all walked over to the chickens and got that all taken care of...then on the way back to the house Hubby grabbed DD#1 from behind and threw her in the pool. I was inside by that point, with Angel Baby, and by the time I looked out the window (you can imagine the squealing going on!) I saw Hubby jump in the pool. Then the game was on, 4 of the kids went running to the ladder and jumped in.

So, even though we're now rushed to get to church- it has been a fun morning so far. This is the stuff memories are made of. Maybe someday in 20 or 30 years, we'll all be sitting around the table and one of the kids will say, "Remember when we jumped in the pool with all our clothes on?"

Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was yesterday, you were pregnant and dancing with Jayden, I and Jessaca. LOL The time is flying..... No wonder my Little girl is not little any more. Looked like that you had a wonderful summer vacation. I and Jessaca traveled to Japan in June then we traveled swim team every Saturday for swim meet. Jessaca loves Swimming. She did a wonderful Job on Swimming. Jessaca and her team member (6-8) team relay finish 5th on South East Arkansas Championship swimming meet. I and Jessaca had a wonderful time this summer. She will back to dance and I found a piano teacher.( Yeah) She will take Piano class at UAM this year. I hope that you have a lot of blessing on the way to you and your family`s journey. I will see you around. Yukiko