Friday, September 21, 2007

Privilege

Today is September 21st- 1 day to travel. There have been new developments in the case of ds#2 - very GOOD developments. This is really an answer to prayer! Because of the information we received just a few days ago, we've decided to postpone my hubby's trip to Liberia. The friend ('grandma') who was to travel with him is still leaving tomorrow, I will be bringing her to the airport in the morning. In her extra suitcase, I've enclosed our children's bags of clothes, shoes & extra toiletries. Even if they have to wait 2-3 weeks for dad to arrive, they can still enjoy some things from us while they visit with 'grandma.'

My worry is about 85% gone & I have a renewed peace. This has been a 'trend' with me during this journey. I go through a tough time & then I find peace again- and so on and so on. So, I am happy that today- and for this week- I have absolute peace. I am praying to keep that peace for the rest of this journey!

It's great to hear my children's voices when I call Liberia. The girls especially make me laugh- because they are always laughing. It sounds to me like they are having a giggle-fest (as teenage girls do) & that alone makes me happy. I find an certain innocence in that. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have your best friend 'suddenly' become your forever sister. These girls have been together for 10 years, I'm sure they had become sisters long ago- but now, it is official by name and by family.

Yesterday was court day- the adoptions were complete. Next week Tuesday or Wednesday, 'Mother Africa' will hold our adoption decrees in her hand. There is a sentence in those decrees that read something like this:
"This child is now your own, as to be of your flesh, as if you had given birth to him/her."

I love that line- I can't wait to hold those documents in my hand & see that sentence with my own eyes. What a privilege we've been given by our most gracious and Heavenly Father!

No comments: